The Embassy of the Argentine Republic in Canada is now seeking an assistant for its Political Section.
1. Job Summary
The Embassy of the Argentine Republic in Canada is seeking a highly motivated, responsible and organized individual to join the Political Section as an Executive Assistant. The Political Section is responsible for advancing Argentina's foreign policy objectives in Canada, promoting the country's image, and strengthening its bilateral relations with Canada. As an Executive Assistant, you will provide critical support to the Political Section's officers, facilitating their work and contributing to the Embassy's mission.
Primary duties include managing schedules and calendars, drafting, editing, and proofreading correspondence, reports, and other documents, assisting officers with official visits and events, conducting research on Canadian and foreign policy issues, and maintaining department records and files.
2. Expected start date
As soon as administrative hiring procedures allow (May-June, 2023). Probationary paid period of three months.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident in Canada
- University degree in a related field (political science, international relations, etc.)
- Strong command of English & Spanish languages
- Excellent professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple ongoing files or tasks
- Proven ability and discipline to treat confidential information with discretion
- Standard computer skills, including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Good knowledge of the organization of the federal government and an interest in Canadian politics, international affairs, and diplomacy
- Clean criminal record
- Ideal qualifications
- Minimum of one year of executive assistance or administrative experience
- Knowledge of French would be an asset for communicating with Canadian officials and stakeholders
4. Work Conditions and Benefits
The position offers a competitive salary, determined based on the candidate's experience. The working hours are 09:00 - 17:00, Monday - Friday (except Argentine and Canadian holidays), with occasional overtime required in the case of extraordinary events, state visits, or when otherwise requested. The position comes with 15 working days of paid leave per year (after one year of employment; fraction after six months), paid sick leave, and two paid days-off per year for personal errands. The Embassy also offers health insurance coverage and professional development opportunities.
5. Selection procedure
All applications will be carefully reviewed against the mandatory and ideal requirements.
Please submit your resume with a cover letter by May 1st, 2023, to the following email address: email@example.com (Subject: Political Section Assistant application).
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, age, religion or sexual orientation.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, we will only contact those whose skills and experience best match the requirements of the position in order to arrange an interview.